gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
1617 Posts in 535 Topics by 779 Members - Latest Member: rhoronjeff@comcast.net November 27, 2022, 08:39:02 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  General  |  FORTRAN CODE BEAUTIFIER
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: FORTRAN CODE BEAUTIFIER  (Read 3816 times)

Mark Coxhead

FORTRAN CODE BEAUTIFIER
« on: October 07, 2011, 04:28:17 AM »
FORTRAN CODE BEAUTIFIER

A while ago I purchased a code beautifier for some visual basic programming (intents lines of code)    I now find that I cannot do without such a utility for VB work, as you just add the code and the beautifier elegantly formats the code. 

Unless I am mistaken, there is no such utility in the Absoft IDE, and I propose to purchase an external product?.  Some of our programs (F77) are over thirty years old and have been heavily amended over a period of time by a whole multitude of programmers all with different programming styles.   

I believe such a product would be useful in introducing an element of consistency and readability into the existing programs, as some of the products I have looked at on the web also renumber labels some of our most heavily amended programs actually have label numbering out-of-sequence which makes it difficult to maintain.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience or recommendations of such a product specifically for Fortran code please?

Mike Linacre

Re: FORTRAN CODE BEAUTIFIER
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 05:44:10 AM »
Mark, there is http://www.polyhedron.com/pf-plusfort0html - but it costs around $1200.00 - expensive!!

Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  General  |  FORTRAN CODE BEAUTIFIER

gfxgfx
gfx gfx