gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
1617 Posts in 535 Topics by 779 Members - Latest Member: rhoronjeff@comcast.net November 27, 2022, 08:39:46 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Macintosh  |  Absoft compiler hangs
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Absoft compiler hangs  (Read 2684 times)

jam

Absoft compiler hangs
« on: September 02, 2016, 11:34:21 AM »
I have used Absoft Fortran for a few years on my Macbook. It worked fine, but for the last few months it does not work anymore, so I had to go back to gfortran. What happens is that when I start the compilation, the compiler just hangs, runs at full CPU usage and when I stop the compilation using the IDE it continues running until I kill it manually. Sometimes, though, it runs well, but this is not reproducible.

Any body have this problem?

Version information:
OSX: 10.9.5
Absoft Fortran: 16.0.2

I also tried to use Absoft on my iMAC with OSX El Capitan, but that was too troublesome.

Thank you in advance for any helpful comments.

forumadmin

• Administrator
Re: Absoft compiler hangs
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 01:10:20 PM »
This has been known to happen if there are Fortran module files (.mod) in the current working
directory that were produced by the gfortran compiler.  I would suggest removing any .mod
files to see if that clears issue.

jam

Re: Absoft compiler hangs
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 12:44:16 PM »
This has been known to happen if there are Fortran module files (.mod) in the current working
directory that were produced by the gfortran compiler.  I would suggest removing any .mod
files to see if that clears issue.
Thank you very much! That did the trick. I had overlooked that there is no cleanup by the Absoft IDE, so gfortran module files were lying aroung.

Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Macintosh  |  Absoft compiler hangs

gfxgfx
gfx gfx