gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
1619 Posts in 535 Topics by 781 Members - Latest Member: chekyl43 January 27, 2023, 06:57:45 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Macintosh  |  problem with use statement and modules in my include dir
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: problem with use statement and modules in my include dir  (Read 8946 times)

harper

problem with use statement and modules in my include dir
« on: June 29, 2007, 04:06:00 PM »
Hello,
I am new to absoft and am trying to compile a program (using a makefile) that uses netcdf. I have the netcdf libraries in my /usr/local/lib directory, and netcdf.mod in /usr/local/include.

In the subroutines that involve netcdf, I have a "use netcdf" statement at the beginning of the subroutine.

When I type make, I get the following error:
-------------------------------------------------------
        MODULE netcdf_util
               ^           
cf90-855 af90fe: ERROR NETCDF_UTIL, File = netcdf_util.f, Line = 5, Column = 9
  The compiler has detected errors in module "NETCDF_UTIL".  No module information file will be created for this module.

use netcdf
            ^     
cf90-292 af90fe: ERROR NETCDF_UTIL, File = netcdf_util.f, Line = 18, Column = 13
  "NETCDF" is specified as the module name on a USE statement, but the compiler cannot find it.

if (ncerr /= NF_NOERR) then
                     ^             
cf90-297 af90fe: ERROR HANDLE_ERROR, File = netcdf_util.f, Line = 45, Column = 22
  IMPLICIT NONE is specified in the host scope, therefore an explicit type must be specified for data object "NF_NOERR".
-------------------------------------------------------

I am compiling with -L/usr/local/lib -lnetcdf
and -I /usr/local/include -p /usr/local/include
I've also tried adding includes and libs from the Absoft directory in my applications folder but this doesn't seem to help ...

What do I need to do for the compiler to see my netcdf module in the included directory? There is another module in there used by other subroutines that I am having similar issues with.

Is there a way to attach files here ... if so I'll add my makefile but if not I can email it if anyone thinks they can help.

Thank you!
Anna

Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Macintosh  |  problem with use statement and modules in my include dir

gfxgfx
gfx gfx