gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
1608 Posts in 532 Topics by 776 Members - Latest Member: evvaletov September 28, 2022, 03:14:16 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Macintosh  |  Olimit exceeded
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Olimit exceeded  (Read 2138 times)

neal

Olimit exceeded
« on: December 11, 2015, 03:53:52 PM »
Hi.  I get the Olimit exceeded message below.

I add the -OPT:Olimit=9784 as asked.  The program compiles (without message)  but crashes at runtime.

I have Pro Fortran for Mac 13.0.2 on OS 10.8.4

Ideas?  Thanks.

"lapalma120315.f": Warning: Olimit was exceeded on function MAIN__; will not perform function-scope optimization.
   To still perform function-scope optimization, use -OPT:Olimit=0 (no limit) or -OPT:Olimit=9784
"lapalma120315.f": Warning: To override Olimit for all functions in file, use -OPT:Olimit=9784
   (Compiler may run out of memory or run very slowly for large Olimit values)
f95   "./Release/AWE_Preferences.o" "./Release/plotlib.o" "./Release/colorconplt.o" "./Release/wardlib.o" "./Release/lapalma120315.o"   -o "./lapalma" -IPA:debug=on -IPA:source_pu_order=on -lU77    -lV77  -stack:2710000 -deploy-qt -m64 -speed_openmp=3 -awe -openmp -apo -speed_math=9 -O3

cag

• Administrator
Re: Olimit exceeded
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 09:28:39 AM »
The runtime crash is probably not related to the optimization warning.  The Olimit warning was just
an indication that your main PROGRAM unit was too large to optimize with the default settings.

Did the program crash at runtime before you increased the Olimit setting?

Have you tried building and running the code without optimization?  If it runs correctly without
optimization, you should contact Absoft support directly with this issue.  If the program fails
to run unoptimized, you should try building with debug information and running under the
debugger for help in finding the cause of the crash.

Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Macintosh  |  Olimit exceeded

gfxgfx
gfx gfx