gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
1565 Posts in 517 Topics by 752 Members - Latest Member: zaikunzhang September 25, 2021, 05:47:08 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Macintosh  |  Has anybody succeeded in building netcdf fortran with Pro fortran 10.1?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Has anybody succeeded in building netcdf fortran with Pro fortran 10.1?  (Read 4107 times)

dbb

I looks to me like the f77 interface is not being included.

I downloaded the Unidata netcdf-3.6.3.tar.gz.  And set the environment variables FC = /Applications/Absoft10.1/bin/f90 and F77 = /Applications/Absoft10.1/bin/f77.  And did the  './congfigure', which seemed to work fine.  The output of the 'make' command shows that the compiles are being done by the Absoft compiler.  The build runs to completion and gives no errors.  It produces a NETCDF.mod in /f90 as well as libnetcdff90.a  in /f90/.libs  and a libnetcdf.a in .libsrc/.libs 

When I do 'make check'.  Everything passes except nf_test.  When it tries to link nf_test it produces a long string of undefined symbol errors that look like:

"_nf_put_var_int1_", referenced from:
     _test_nf_put_var_int1_ in test_put.o

I can to 'make install' but if I try to link the libraries with a fortran program I get the same list of undefined symbols, but this time as referenced from things like:

__NF90_GET_VER_1D_EIGHTBYTEREAL.in.NETCDF in libnetcdf.a(netcdf.o)

So it looks to me like the f90 interface is there but the f77 stuff it builds on is not.  Does anybody have any ideas?

chobbs

dbb
Did you ever resolve the issue of compiling the netcdf library on abosft?

Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Macintosh  |  Has anybody succeeded in building netcdf fortran with Pro fortran 10.1?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx