gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
1617 Posts in 535 Topics by 779 Members - Latest Member: rhoronjeff@comcast.net November 27, 2022, 07:48:53 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Windows  |  MULTIPLE DOCUMENT INFERFACE (aka MDI)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MULTIPLE DOCUMENT INFERFACE (aka MDI)  (Read 5843 times)

Frances Rose Bauckham

MULTIPLE DOCUMENT INFERFACE (aka MDI)
« on: July 16, 2007, 03:50:04 PM »
Hello,

MULTIPLE DOCUMENT INTERFACE

We are using an old version of ABSOFT Fortran and I need to justify the cost of upgrade to version 10.0

I note that from the Windows User Guide you can create multiple text windows for one application.   This is most definately one factor that would weigh heavily in favour.

However the details given on how to achieve this a minimal, in the OPEN statement the manual just says add the parameter ACCESS = "window[, height, width]" where height and width are the dimensions of the new window.   I can see no other details.

I would be pleased to hear from anyone who has used this functionality.  How do you know how to route what messages/output to the correct window, for instance please?

Mike Linacre

Re: MULTIPLE DOCUMENT INFERFACE (aka MDI)
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 01:53:26 AM »
Frances, this multiple-window feature is new to me, but usually if there is an "OPEN" statement, then there is a unit number to which to WRITE. If not, you may need to do a direct call to the MDI support routines. 

kpreid

Re: MULTIPLE DOCUMENT INFERFACE (aka MDI)
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 12:10:53 PM »
I use this functionality in our application.  You do use an OPEN statement and use the unit number to route IO to the window (it's not unique to the newest versions, though, our version is 8.2).  I changed the default window size in mrwe.f and re-made the mrwe.lib so both windows fit inside the default frame.

Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Windows  |  MULTIPLE DOCUMENT INFERFACE (aka MDI)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx