gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
1565 Posts in 517 Topics by 752 Members - Latest Member: zaikunzhang September 25, 2021, 05:47:43 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Macintosh  |  How do I stop this thing?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: How do I stop this thing?  (Read 3691 times)

Bart Hibbs

How do I stop this thing?
« on: October 27, 2010, 01:28:39 PM »
Many times in the middle of execution, when my program is asking for input, I just want to stop it. I am use to typing ctrl . (period). But that does not seem to work with codes made from this version of the compiler, all I get is the spinning colored ball of doom. Command-Q and selecting quit form the file menu gives the same behavior. So I end up using force quit (option command esc ) and than telling the computer I do not want to send a report to apple.

What is a quick way to stop a program in the middle? What I would like is a simple single keystroke that drops me to desktop, and no, I do not want to have to program that behavior into each code I write. I just want a simple way to stop my programs, like how ctrl . use to work.

forumadmin

• Administrator
Re: How do I stop this thing?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 10:23:49 AM »
My guess is that you have an MRWE application. By default, the interface (menus, keyboard, etc) are only checked for user activity (mouse commands, keystrokes, etc) during I/O. You can make the interface more responsive (at the cost of program execution speed), with a compiler option:

Project | Project Options | Target | MRWE Events

Place a check in the "MRWE Events" box and the program will check more often for user activity. It will still be possible to enter an infinite loop and the program will not be responsive as it will not check during the loop.

Bart Hibbs

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 01:17:01 PM »
Yes, its an MRWE app. But I'm not talking about infinite loops, I'm talking about when the program has stopped and it waiting for input. What do I do to exit to desktop, other then option-command-esc, force quit? I use to just hit command-dot, but now that brings up the spinning ball of doom. Selecting quit form the menu also brings up the ball of doom, as does command-q. How do I just quit?

forumadmin

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 09:03:42 AM »
Please send an email to  support@absoft.com with a description of your problem and they should be able get you a solution. Be sure to include the version of the compiler you are using in your email.

Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Macintosh  |  How do I stop this thing?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx