gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
1619 Posts in 535 Topics by 781 Members - Latest Member: chekyl43 January 27, 2023, 04:15:07 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Macintosh  |  using makefiles & clean command to compile
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: using makefiles & clean command to compile  (Read 6629 times)

karen

using makefiles & clean command to compile
« on: September 12, 2007, 02:41:46 PM »
I'm trying to use a makefile to compile and am having problems with cleaning the object files to force them all to recompile when I type "make".

It doesn't seem to create the .o files so there is nothing to remove.

Right now, I have to remember to remove the executable before compiling but keep forgetting to do this and then end up with runtime errors.

Thanks for your help,
Karen

Mike Linacre

Re: using makefiles & clean command to compile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 02:54:58 AM »
Perhaps if you compile all subroutines to the same library, and then delete the library ....

Mark Coxhead

Re: using makefiles & clean command to compile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 12:50:18 PM »
Yes, I had need to do this earlier today.

What I did was to add in an additonal parameter to the F77 FLAG (as it appears in the compile options).    I used -C, that is "check array boundaries" for overflow, which forces ALL designated programs within an object to recompile.

However because running with -C, the array boundary check, will highlight errors at run-time and are not actually overflow errors,  I reran the compile without the -C flag.   

In this particular case there were 70 programs and the whole process takes ages, which is why I can understand the default is normally only to re-compile the programs that have recently been changed.

Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Macintosh  |  using makefiles & clean command to compile

gfxgfx
gfx gfx