gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
1617 Posts in 535 Topics by 779 Members - Latest Member: rhoronjeff@comcast.net November 27, 2022, 08:02:29 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Windows  |  LINK error
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: LINK error  (Read 6198 times)

mmalbert

LINK error
« on: December 27, 2007, 11:08:44 AM »
Hello,

I have some problem to switch my softs from v7 to v10.
The last one is a link error : "Fatal error LNK1104 : cannot open file LIBC.lib".
I do not find this file among Absoft files.

Anyone can help me ?

Many thanks and happy new year.

Michel Malbert

Mike Linacre

Re: LINK error
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 02:02:39 PM »
Michael, how about making a dummy library and naming it LIBC.lib ? Then if the linker reports unresolved references you will know what the library is supposed to contain and can search for that.

Mark Coxhead

Re: LINK error
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 05:12:21 AM »
Michel,

I too have recently upgraded to Absoft 10 (though at present it is still under evaluation in beta mode on a separate pc).    Likewise I encountered numerous errors with the "linking" aspects that were not there hitherto.

I took the view that if something worked with a previous version of Abosft then it should work with version 10.    In all instances I contacted the support team at Absoft (usally by email as I am based in the UK) and they always managed to produce an answer that was helpful and accurate.

I have checked back and the specifc error you refer was not one of them - in fact I don't seem to have a LIBC.LIB (though I do have a LIBCMT.LIB and a debug version LIBCMTD.LIB in the c:\Absoft10\lib folder).

I remember reading somewhere that you can actually switch OFF calls to spurious libraries by entering the option -v /NODEFAULTLIB:libc.lib (however I have tried entering this in the GUI and encounter all sorts of other LINK errors, so clearly there is something wrong with the format).   Nevertheless, your reply from Absoft may be along these lines.

Failing the earlier suggestion and anything from Absoft you could try looking at the results from a Google on LIBC.LIB.  I tried this earlier just with key wording libc.lib and there are loads of references to the error LNK1104.   The first one, on the MSDN forum, has numerous suggestions mainly related to Visual Studio.   The final comment on the MSDN forum (which will not be of any assistance) was done on Christmas Day so clearly this may be a burning issue.

Likewise Seasons Greetings and all the best for 2008.

Mark Coxhead
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 05:17:00 AM by Mark Coxhead »

Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Windows  |  LINK error

gfxgfx
gfx gfx