gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
1619 Posts in 535 Topics by 781 Members - Latest Member: chekyl43 January 27, 2023, 03:53:15 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Macintosh  |  Unable to obtain license: license server not found
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Unable to obtain license: license server not found  (Read 7719 times)

mankoff

Unable to obtain license: license server not found
« on: February 24, 2008, 09:12:42 PM »
I have Pro Fortran 9.2 and have been using it for months successfully. Last night I installed 10.1.1 with a trial key. Now I can no longer compile using 9.2. I get the error message "Unable to obtain license: license server not found". I have a valid 9.2 key and a valid 10.1.1 trial key.

10.1.1 does compile but with the message, "This demonstration copy of Absoft Fortran 95 expires 03/23/08." as expected.

My system is 10.5.2 Leopard Intel chip.

Can I have both versions installed and working at the same time?

Thanks,

-k.

Mike Linacre

Re: Unable to obtain license: license server not found
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 05:47:02 PM »
Perhaps this will help: http://www.absoft.com/Support/FAQ/linux90tfaq.html - first FAQ about "license server".

mankoff

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 06:29:58 PM »
Apparently f77 spawns the license server when run (clmd_absoft). It sticks around for a while. When then switching from 10.1 to 9.2, if you run the 9.2 f77 without waiting very long, it'll connect to the 10.1 license server, which does not know about the 9.2 license data file.

Solution is to kill the server and/or append the 9.2 to the 10.1 license data file and vice versa. Then either server has all the necessary licenses.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 09:21:36 AM by mankoff »

Mike Linacre

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 07:47:12 PM »
Thank you, mankoff. This explains why I had trouble running two versions of Absoft FORTRAN in parallel (for assurance testing before upgrading to the later version). Since I couldn't complete the assurance test, the upgrade was never done. So Absoft lost out on the upgrade fee .... probably an example of "The Law of Unintended Consequences".

Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Macintosh  |  Unable to obtain license: license server not found

gfxgfx
gfx gfx