gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
1568 Posts in 518 Topics by 754 Members - Latest Member: irekzawadzki December 03, 2021, 07:29:39 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Windows  |  Newb with problems on parallel execution
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Newb with problems on parallel execution  (Read 3120 times)

Chill

Newb with problems on parallel execution
« on: March 14, 2013, 04:37:50 PM »
Was able to compile and run in single-processor mode no problem.  Then I compiled with the checkbox to compile for multi-processor optimization, and when I run from the command line, I get a message saying it can't find:  LIBGOMP.DLL  .  If I run within the gui I get a fatal error also, and the "info" box on the error message refers to fatal errors within LIBGOMP.DLL

I reloaded the software, with no noticeable change.  The file referred to exists, but the error persists.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

forumadmin

• Administrator
Re: Newb with problems on parallel execution
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 11:38:21 AM »
Two DLLs are necessary for parallel programs:

For 32-bit programs, these are in C:\Absoft13.0\bin

libgomp.dll
pthreadVC2.dll

For 32-bit programs, these are in C:\Absoft13.0\bin64

libgompx64.dll
pthreadVC2_64.dll

If you use AbsoftTools or one of the Absoft command prompts, the path to these libraries will be set in your PATH variable. Otherwise, the easiest solution is to simply copy the DLLs to were your EXE file resides.

It you have encountered an error within LIBGOMP.DLL, the only we can diagnose it is see the actual code that produces the error.

Chill

Re: Newb with problems on parallel execution
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 01:43:22 PM »
That took care of the problem.  Thank you!

Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Windows  |  Newb with problems on parallel execution

gfxgfx
gfx gfx