gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
1562 Posts in 515 Topics by 750 Members - Latest Member: rickl July 24, 2021, 11:58:14 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Windows  |  Absoft installation problem after uninstall
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Absoft installation problem after uninstall  (Read 1650 times)

Klemens

Absoft installation problem after uninstall
« on: August 27, 2013, 11:45:53 AM »
Hi all,

initially I installed Absoft Fortran in C:\Program Files (x86) but when I also installed the NetCDF libraries and tried to run the example code, I recognized that the code seems to have some problems with spaces included in the folder name. So I unistalled Absoft and installed it in C:\. When I start the developer tool now, I get the error messages

Could not find ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Absoft13.0\bin\ctags.exe""

and

Could not start "C:\Program Files (x86)\Absoft13.0\\bin\af90"

There are no entries for Absoft in the environment variable and even if I add one nothing changes.
After the error messages the developer tool starts, but I am e.g. not able to add netcdf libraries to the project.

What is wrong with my installation ?

Many thanks for your help in advance !

Klemens

forumadmin

• Administrator
Re: Absoft installation problem after uninstall
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 12:30:18 PM »
The environment setting in AbsoftTools picked up the original directory from the registry when you reinstalled. The fix is easy. Open AbsoftTools and select Preferences from the File menu. Click on the Directories tab and change the Absoft Environment Variable to "C:\Absoft13.0\". Or just delete all the text in the box and exit AbsoftTools. The next time you start it, it will find the correct directory automatically.

Klemens

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 03:23:27 AM »
Thanks - worked fine !

Best regards

Klemens

Mike Linacre

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2021, 11:55:50 PM »
Thanks for this old post.
Suddenly I had the same problem. The preferences were corrupted for some unknown reason :-(
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 12:05:56 AM by Mike Linacre »

Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Windows  |  Absoft installation problem after uninstall

gfxgfx
gfx gfx