gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
1619 Posts in 535 Topics by 781 Members - Latest Member: chekyl43 January 27, 2023, 03:31:16 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Macintosh  |  Run Time Error
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Run Time Error  (Read 8032 times)

caconno

Run Time Error
« on: May 24, 2007, 11:32:33 AM »
I have been running into problems compiling an old Fortran 77 code, on Mac OS X 10.4.9. I am now able to compile to code using Absoft 9.2, but I am getting a runtime error:

gr000931320:~/LAPIN jwconnol$ LAPIN.out < lapin.dat
? FORTRAN Runtime Error:
? Illegal input for namelist directed I/O
? READ(UNIT=5,...

Is there an error list somewhere that can explain what this means a little more, or has anyone ran into this issue before. Any help would be appreciated.

take care,

joe

michalowicz

Re: Run Time Error
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 05:49:24 PM »
What is the format of your input text file ? Is it MacOS9, DOS (Windows), or UNIX (or MacOSX) these 3 different text file formats are different by the end of line ascii code (yes, text files are standard an duniversal, except that they are not really !). MacOSX (UNIX) Absoft programs writes and read text files with UNIX end of lines. If to try to read any of the two other files format, your fortran program will crash becaus eit will not recognize the end of lines of your text. The most convenient way I found to convert a MacOS9 or Windows text file to UNIX and MacOSX ones is to open these files with AbsoftEditor. On the bottom right of your text window, you have a menu which can change the end of line format. Of course if you read text files written directly for MacOSX, normally you fortran program should not crash. I don't know if this is the solution of your problem, but it is exactly the problem I personally experienced when I began to emigrazte to MacOSX fortran programming.

Best regards

Alain Michalowicz
ICMPE
CNRS UNIversite Paris 12
France
michalov@univ-paris12.fr or michalow@wanadoo.fr

caconno

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 02:50:48 PM »
Thanks for the tip, but that still does not seem to fix the problem. Do you have any other suggestions?

Mike Linacre

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 05:19:02 PM »
Caconno, please give us some more information about the situation.
Are you attempting I/O using a NAMELIST or not?
If so, how about doing a test run in which everything in the NAMELIST is defined as character variables. Does this work?
There are special rules for arrays and substrings in NAMELISTs. Are you using these?

Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Macintosh  |  Run Time Error

gfxgfx
gfx gfx