gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
1617 Posts in 535 Topics by 779 Members - Latest Member: rhoronjeff@comcast.net December 02, 2022, 08:53:47 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Macintosh  |  Fx3 Debugger gives Symbol not found in current scope at 4th level Fortran code
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Fx3 Debugger gives Symbol not found in current scope at 4th level Fortran code  (Read 1911 times)

christopherpurcell

I am running Fx3 Version 1.3.7 from Absoft Pro Fortran 15.0.2 with IDE V2.2 on Mac OS X 10.10.4.
I am debugging a Fortran 90 code with Fx3, by stepping into the code. When I step into the 4th level (by which I mean, level 1 is the main program, level 2, 3, 4... are nested subroutines, I can no longer read the values of symbols, by hovering the cursor over them, as I can in the 3rd level of the code.
Instead I get the message "Symbol __ not found in current scope". Also, it is no longer possible to set breakpoints by clicking with the mouse in the line number column, as I can in the subroutine levels 1-3 above. The debugger continues to allow single stepping, and the code still executes, from mouse clicks and keyboard shortcuts.

Is the Fx3 debugger limited to only managing 3 levels of nested subroutines?

forumadmin

• Administrator
There is no limit imposed on the number of nested subroutines. There may be a problem with the debug information generated for your particular program. If you could send an example of source code that reproduces the problem to our support team, they will be able to assist you further. 

If possible, the example you submit should be able to be compiled and debugged to the point where the "Symbol __ not found in current scope" error occurs. You can submit the example by attaching it to an email to support at absoft dot com.

Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Macintosh  |  Fx3 Debugger gives Symbol not found in current scope at 4th level Fortran code

gfxgfx
gfx gfx