gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
1562 Posts in 515 Topics by 750 Members - Latest Member: rickl July 24, 2021, 11:16:53 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Windows  |  Error in compiling
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Error in compiling  (Read 2084 times)

Jules.Thibault

Error in compiling
« on: June 08, 2017, 09:19:05 AM »
A program is working fine. I changed few parameters in it for a new simulation. It compiled fine. Randomly after the same action for 1 to 10 times where compiling works well, the program suddenly gives an error "LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file". I have to restart the computer and without any changes, the program compiles fine again for another series of simulations. Is this problem a bug in the software or am I doing something wrong? I find it annoying that I have to restart my computer many times a day.

Thank you for your help.

mecej4

Re: Error in compiling
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 06:59:52 AM »
If you use the -v compiler option, you will receive detailed messages from the compiler phases, and that may help to find what the exact problem is. Similarly, you can enable verbose output from the linker.

I suspect that the %TMP% directory is running out of space. You may clean that directory or specify a different directory for TMP.

Sometimes, reducing the optimization level can help with such problems.

cag

Re: Error in compiling
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 09:57:00 AM »
I think the most common cause of this error is trying to rebuild a project when the executable progam is still running. The next time you get the error, open the Windows Task Manager and check the Processes tab for an instance of your executable program.

Another possible cause is trying to rebuild the project while the executable program is still open in the debugger. If you are debugging, be sure to close the debugger or use the unload command before rebuilding.

Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Windows  |  Error in compiling

gfxgfx
gfx gfx