gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
1562 Posts in 515 Topics by 750 Members - Latest Member: rickl July 24, 2021, 10:07:41 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Windows  |  Windows 10 64 Bit Run Time Issues
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Windows 10 64 Bit Run Time Issues  (Read 2023 times)

Gene

Windows 10 64 Bit Run Time Issues
« on: September 04, 2017, 10:02:22 AM »
I can compile a project in Windows 10 as a 32 Bit Project; and run it fine.  I have done this on both a 32 Bit and 64 Bit machine.

However, when I try to create a 64 Bit Project on the 64 Bit machine, using the same source code, the project builds fine but 'locks up' eventually during run time.

The only error message I get is a Windows pop-up which says that 'Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close....'

Any thoughts on this behavior; and how it may be de-bugged??

No specific Absoft errors are ever given; either during build or run time......

cag

Re: Windows 10 64 Bit Run Time Issues
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 08:30:10 AM »
The Windows pop-up message is so generic as to be useless.  I would suggest rebuilding your project
in Debug mode (set that Active Build to "Debug") and then running it under the debugger. If an error
still occurs, the program will stop at the error point.

You might also try building with the diagnostic options (check array bounds, check pointers, etc) to see if
that reveals anthing. Also, try building with the Static Storage option enabled.

Gene

Re: Windows 10 64 Bit Run Time Issues
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 09:00:34 PM »
Thanks for the feed-back. 

I've previously tried various iterations of Debug and diagnostic options; with no luck.

Also have Static Storage set.

I've tried inserting 'Write Statements' within the code with no success.  The 'termination point' seems to be somewhat dynamic; and apparently changes when I insert these extra statements.

Oddly enough, the code compiles and runs 64 Bit using another compiler.

Since it does work in 32 Bit compilation, I am not going to invest more time with this particular intriguing issue......

Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Windows  |  Windows 10 64 Bit Run Time Issues

gfxgfx
gfx gfx