gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
1617 Posts in 535 Topics by 779 Members - Latest Member: rhoronjeff@comcast.net December 02, 2022, 10:19:52 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  General  |  YDEALLOC option in Absoft 11.0
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: YDEALLOC option in Absoft 11.0  (Read 4687 times)

hkato

YDEALLOC option in Absoft 11.0
« on: January 11, 2010, 02:13:54 PM »
Hi,

I have compiled my code with "-YDEALLOC=ALL" option using previous versions of Absoft.  However, I get the following message with Absoft 11.0:
WARNING: -YDEALLOC= is obsolete and will be ignored

I believe that I have growing memory problem because this option is not working.  I could not find any information in the documentation for 11.0.  Would you please tell me if a replacement for this option exists and how to use it.

Thank you.

Mike Linacre

Re: YDEALLOC option in Absoft 11.0
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 10:27:18 PM »
Hkato, -YDEALLOC=ALL disabled all memory cache use. Perhaps you now need to do your own memory management, using malloc() and free() in the Unix library, so that you have more control over memory usage.

forumadmin

• Administrator
Re: YDEALLOC option in Absoft 11.0
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 09:35:37 AM »
The YDEALLOC=ALL option has been deprecated with V11.0. With the addition of full support for OpenMP with V11.0 and enhanced support for MPI, cache management for allocatable data entities became inefficient. The runtime library performs no cache management. At decallocation, all memory used is freed and returned to the system pool. There is no replacement for this option as it now the only way cache is managed.

Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  General  |  YDEALLOC option in Absoft 11.0

gfxgfx
gfx gfx