gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
1617 Posts in 535 Topics by 779 Members - Latest Member: rhoronjeff@comcast.net November 27, 2022, 08:31:12 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  General  |  Build or execute problem
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Build or execute problem  (Read 6857 times)

theodosis

Build or execute problem
« on: March 15, 2010, 09:33:03 AM »
I am trying to execute a project and when i press build i get

''Microsoft Windows [Version 5.2.3790]
(C) Copyright 1985-2003 Microsoft Corp.

f95   ".\Release\main.obj"   -o ".\main.exe" -m32 -march=host -O2 -YEXT_NAMES=LCS -YEXT_SFX=_ -YMOD_ONLY -pC:\Absoft11.0\CTT6.0\include\absoft_32  C:\Absoft11.0\CTT6.0\LIB\lib.absoft_32\imsl.lib C:\Absoft11.0\CTT6.0\LIB\lib.absoft_32\imslscalar.lib C:\Absoft11.0\CTT6.0\LIB\lib.absoft_32\imslblas.lib C:\Absoft11.0\CTT6.0\LIB\lib.absoft_32\imsls_err.lib C:\Absoft11.0\CTT6.0\LIB\lib.absoft_32\imslmpistub.lib unix.lib
ERROR: File not found: .\Release\main.obj

Build completed''

and when i click execute i get ' ''C:/myfile/programs/main\main.exe'' ' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I am using 11.0 version on windows xp with isml libraries and the project has two files , this only happens when I build/execute the one of them only

Any solutions? Please try to be a bit descriptive because i am a newbie.
Thank you very much

Mike Linacre

Re: Build or execute problem
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 07:37:02 PM »
Theodosis: does your f95 command specify any source code files, such as main.f ?
I can't see any. You can edit your makefile to include one.

theodosis

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 09:35:32 AM »
I have found a solution by asking support. Now my problem is one last error ''a subscript must be a scalar integer expression''
I get it at the following commands and it shows me the red coloured letters as the errors

enddo
            obji=0.
            zz=0
            do z=nparm+1,nallparm
               zz=zz+1
               vv=0
               do v=nparm+1,nallparm
                  vv=vv+1
                  obji=obji+errz(v)*invamedia(vv,zz)*errz(z)
               enddo

do q=1,5
         if (npquin(i,q) .eq. 1) then
            him(nsim,1)=q
         endif
         if (magquin(i,q) .eq. 1) then
            him(nsim,2)=q
         endif
         if (tvquin(i,q) .eq. 1) then
            him(nsim,3)=q
         endif
         if (othquin(i,q) .eq. 1) then
            him(nsim,4)=q
         endif
      enddo
   enddo

do d=1,nds
            D_id=cchar_ad(i,d)
            zmediai(m,1,d)=q1*D_id
            zmediai(m,2,d)=q2*D_id
            zmediai(m,3,d)=q3*D_id
            zmediai(m,4,d)=q4*D_id
            zmediai(m,5,d)=q5*D_id
         enddo
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 09:40:55 AM by theodosis »

Mike Linacre

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 09:42:09 PM »
Theodosis, it looks like vv and q are real numbers or arrays. Suggestion: define vv and q explicitly as integers.

Mark Coxhead

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 10:40:47 AM »
I was going to add that you should be able to press PFkey 1 on the error message and it should then give more information on the particular error, i.e. in this case it will explain that you need to declare your subscripts as integers as the naming convention is outside the range normally reserved for integers.

However, every time I do this I encounter the pop-up error "Cannot find the file c:\Absoft10\BIN\atools.HLP".
I done a complete serarch on the Absoft10 folder and this file does not appear to exist.  There is atools.exe but this just brings up the template for the IDE.      ForuumAdmin could you advise where I can get hold of a copy the file please?

forumadmin

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 12:08:06 PM »
The atools.hlp file was inadvertently left off of the V10.0 release. Interesting that it has not been missed before this. If you would like it, contact support@absoft.com and they'll be happy to send it to you.

V11.0 consists of an entirely rewritten atools.exe. To bring up an explanation of the error message, you right-click on the error message and select Explain Error from the pop-up context menu.

Mark Coxhead

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 10:37:50 AM »
 Maybe because I clean compile first-time!      :)    Actually I tend to look at the line numbers and then dive in and so the missing file has probably been prevalient since I purchased Absoft 10.

Anyway the 'help' file works fine now.  Thank you.

Theodosis, I was looking at some code earlier I  had converted from Absoft 5 to Absoft 10, and it would appear that with the former you could get away with real numbers as subscripts.     Rather than declare as integers | just converted the numbers as subscripts in the actual array, ie. using  INT(vw) and INT(q).

Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  General  |  Build or execute problem

gfxgfx
gfx gfx