gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
1617 Posts in 535 Topics by 779 Members - Latest Member: rhoronjeff@comcast.net December 02, 2022, 10:00:54 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  General  |  Integrated Development Environment - suppression of BEEP sounds
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Integrated Development Environment - suppression of BEEP sounds  (Read 4827 times)

Mark Coxhead

Integrated Development Environment - suppression of BEEP sounds

Hello Absoft,

a) A very small thing that annoys me.   Can you please explain how I TURN-OFF (i.e. suppress) the BEEP sound WITHIN THE IDE everytime a BUILD completes or a SEARCH string completes?       When you undertake multiple builds or searches this becomes extremely irritating.     I wish to do this within the IDE and not from the computer's control panel.

b) How to you get more than eight files displayed on the last accessed list of the front end-gui screen on the FILE folder?

Thank you.

forumadmin

• Administrator
Re: Integrated Development Environment - suppression of BEEP sounds
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 02:15:06 PM »
I was not able to recreate any sounds after a build or a search In the most recent version of Absoft Tools.  What version are you using?

For version 11.0, the maximum number of files in the 'Recent Files' menu is 8.

Mark Coxhead

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 03:57:44 AM »
Morning,

The version of Absoft I am using is 10.00.08.

I am convinced that the BEEP is application driven, as I also turned-off the BEEP in MS Outlook everytime there was an incoming email:

TOOLS

.........OPTIONS

...............PREFERENCES

.....................E-MAIL Options (PUSH BUTTON)

.............................Advanced E-MAIL Options (PUSH BUTTON)

...................................when a new item arrives in a box
                                    UNTICK play a new sound.

Could it be that the option to BEEP is buried within an INI file somewhere please?

Mark Coxhead

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 07:36:16 AM »
My second point regarding the number of files in the most recent list......

Could future releases of the IDE incorporate the facility to increase (or decrease) the number of files  - like MS WORD or EXCEL please?    I would certainly find such a minor change very useful.

The person who handles suggestions for future IDE enhancements at Absoft is Amy Hutcherson .

Thank you.

Mike Linacre

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 08:38:35 AM »
Mark, I don't hear the beep. Google "5 Ways To Stop Windows Vista/XP/2003 From Beeping". Perhaps one of these ways can be sandwiched around the IDE in a batched launch from a short-cut.

Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  General  |  Integrated Development Environment - suppression of BEEP sounds

gfxgfx
gfx gfx