gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
1617 Posts in 535 Topics by 779 Members - Latest Member: rhoronjeff@comcast.net December 03, 2022, 01:45:41 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  General  |  ABSOFT after Sept. 30, 2022 ??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ABSOFT after Sept. 30, 2022 ??  (Read 434 times)

Mike Linacre

ABSOFT after Sept. 30, 2022 ??
« on: September 07, 2022, 09:15:10 AM »
ABSOFT have announced they will cease operations on Sept. 30, 2022. This is a familiar catastrophe. The ABSOFT FORTRAN compiler will keep working till the hardware dies. Then how to install it on new hardware?
Any suggestions about which other FORTRANs are close enough to ABSOFT not to involve a major code rewrite? (I focus on Windows.)

forumadmin

• Administrator
Re: ABSOFT after Sept. 30, 2022 ??
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 05:47:35 PM »
As long as you have your license key and the electronic delivery download for your version of the compiler, there will be no issues installing it on a new system. If you need to get a copy of the electronic delivery download, just email Absoft support in the next few weeks and ask for the link to the download.  In the subject put "Need link for electronic delivery package" and in the body indicate which OS (Windows, Linux, or macOS) and which version. For example, "I need the link to the  Windows Pro Fortran 2022 download."

Mike Linacre

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2022, 08:51:07 PM »
Great! Thanks.

machleid

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2022, 06:52:42 PM »
I have tried to follow your advice, but it dos not work. I still have Part Number, License Number and the link for the original Product Registration, but after filling out the online Product Registration form, it fails to be submitted.

cag

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2022, 07:31:05 AM »
The registration link in the electronic delivery email no longer works. You need to contact Absoft support by email and request a download link. In your email indicate that you need the link for electronic delivery package and include which OS (Windows, Linux, or macOS) and which version. For example, "I need the electronic delivery download link for the Windows Pro Fortran 2022."

The support email form on the Absoft website is still active - https://www.absoft.com/help/technical-support/

Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  General  |  ABSOFT after Sept. 30, 2022 ??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx