gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
1568 Posts in 518 Topics by 754 Members - Latest Member: irekzawadzki December 03, 2021, 08:14:07 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Macintosh  |  Unable to reference parameters named same in 1st 31 chars
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Unable to reference parameters named same in 1st 31 chars  (Read 983 times)

Stu

Unable to reference parameters named same in 1st 31 chars
« on: March 31, 2021, 01:25:58 PM »
We purchased Absoft Pro Fortran 2021 for macOS to compile a F2003 code with a module that defines parameters with names > 31 characters.  But < 64 per F2003.  How do I compile with Absoft?

These parameters are in a large MAIN_API module:
  INTEGER, PARAMETER :: param_number_threshold_option_subset_linear = 3
  INTEGER, PARAMETER :: param_number_threshold_option_subset_log = 4

I get compile errors when I reference these params in a driver with USE MAIN_API
print *, param_number_threshold_option_subset_linear
print *, param_number_threshold_option_subset_log

This compiles fine with gfortran and others.  How do I compile with Absoft?

And yes, modifying either name within the 1st 31 characters fixes it - but will break every other user of the API that we deliver.  This is a 15 year old gov code API with many users - no changes will be considered - they will say "then don't use Absoft".

The compile errors:

print *, param_number_threshold_option_subset_linear
           ^                                           
cf90-486 af90fe64: ERROR MAIN, File = test_timing.f90, Line = 123, Column = 10
  "param_number_threshold_option_subset_linear" has been use associated from module "MAIN_API" and at least one more module.  It must not be referenced.

print *, param_number_threshold_option_subset_log
           ^                                       
cf90-113 af90fe64: ERROR MAIN, File = test_timing.f90, Line = 124, Column = 10
  IMPLICIT NONE is specified in the local scope, therefore an explicit type must be specified for data object "param_number_threshold_option_subset_log".

forumadmin

• Administrator
Re: Unable to reference parameters named same in 1st 31 chars
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 03:56:47 PM »
Unfortunately, you have a hit a hard limit in the compiler. As you have already considered and rejected the only workaround  and purchased the compiler specifically for this project, the only suggestion I can offer is to contact the Absoft sales group to request a refund.

Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Macintosh  |  Unable to reference parameters named same in 1st 31 chars

gfxgfx
gfx gfx