gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
1569 Posts in 519 Topics by 755 Members - Latest Member: John98 January 16, 2022, 07:54:35 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Macintosh  |  Simple compiling and running, wiithout bells and whistles
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Simple compiling and running, wiithout bells and whistles  (Read 3970 times)

morriss

Simple compiling and running, wiithout bells and whistles
« on: August 29, 2008, 12:43:04 AM »
I have tried to use the “absoft Pro Fortran for Mac OS X With Intel Processors”, on an iMac with a Mac OS X, version 10.4.11. Carefully following the User Guide from page 5 to page 10 (Chapter 2, “Getting Started”) everything works until I choose the Build command, which gives me an “Error Build failed” box. What could possibly be going wrong?

Also, this User Guide is huge, and explains everything except how to simply compile and run a Fortran program. Even pages 5 to 10 are doing something complicated and unnecessary, adding a file and adding text. I don’t want to “establish a name and location for your project.” I simply want to READ a few numbers from one document, do some algebra, and WRITE a few numbers to another document. Is there a simple, not-200-page description somewhere of how I can do this?

Best Regards,
Steven M.
August 28, 2008

Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Macintosh  |  Simple compiling and running, wiithout bells and whistles

gfxgfx
gfx gfx