gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
1487 Posts in 490 Topics by 715 Members - Latest Member: bommier April 18, 2019, 11:09:16 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Windows  |  Using older versions of Absoft under Windows 10
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Using older versions of Absoft under Windows 10  (Read 2090 times)

sinclam

Using older versions of Absoft under Windows 10
« on: August 24, 2017, 02:07:31 PM »
I have Absoft 8.2 and I find that the editor and tools do not work under Windows 10. Does anyone know of a workaround? Editor (ae.exe) freezes and the atools.exe returns "There was a problem sending the command to the program". No problem with windows 7.

I have a second related question. I also have Absoft Pro Fortran 14. is there a way to make the editor "remember" where it left off? This is why I keep on using the old 8.2 editor. I'm editing several 1000 lines of code and it's nice to jump back in where I left off. That feature seemed to disappear with the newer version.

Thanks,
Mark 

matrac69325

Re: Using older versions of Absoft under Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 11:26:15 AM »
Hi Mark,

I usually leave a bookmark where I left off, so the next morning I can continue where I left off. (You can activate them in the View window.)

I have a question for you: so Absoft V14 works fine with Windows 10? I have Absoft V15, and we will pass to Windows 10 in a few months and I have no idea if my Absoft will work with it.

Thanks,
Bálint

sinclam

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 04:36:44 PM »
Thanks for the bookmarks recommendation. I find that Notepad++ remembers where you left off, so I'm using that as well for long edits. It can also be configured for Fortran.
Absoft 14 works fine under windows 10.
Thanks,
Mark

Gene

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 10:09:07 AM »
I also regularly use NotePad as my 'Code Editor' in Windows 10; and do my editing outside of the Absoft environment.

My previous editor lost its support beyond 32 Bit OS environments; and I have since adapted to NotePad as a suitable alternative.

Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Windows  |  Using older versions of Absoft under Windows 10

gfxgfx
gfx gfx