gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
1488 Posts in 491 Topics by 716 Members - Latest Member: paul.macmillan June 24, 2019, 09:47:45 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Building and Using Additional Software & Libraries  |  Third party dependencies-Reg
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Third party dependencies-Reg  (Read 2602 times)

sundarchand

Third party dependencies-Reg
« on: August 06, 2018, 02:37:15 AM »
Dear Sir,

Please let us know the below topics details:

1Third party dependencies
2.External object files
3.How to compile assembly language routines in the Visual Studio environment in AbsoftPro Fortran 18.0 Compiler.

Is there any help available? syntax,usage,examples on the above topics in AbsoftPro Fortran 18.0 Compiler?

It is useful to so many software developers.

Thanks

Regards,
sundarchand

Attachments:
1.Flower.F95
2.PIXEL.S(ASM)
3.SCREEN.S(ASM)

mecej4

Re: Third party dependencies-Reg
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 11:24:37 AM »
You can view the documentation at https://www.absoft.com/resources/documentation-library/ . Absoft Fortran is self-contained, and does not require Visual Studio, nor is VS integration provided. You do not need any packages other than the host OS to develop using Absoft Fortran. An IDE and a symbolic debugger are provided. SLATEC and some plotting libraries are provided free; IMSL is optional, at extra cost.

Absoft provides its own windowing environment, tools and libraries, and plenty of example codes.

The Microsoft MASM assembler and YASM are provided.  The former assembled the only file that you attached, SCREEN.S.

sundarchand

Re: Third party dependencies-Reg
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 01:53:13 AM »
Dear mecej4,

Please let you know your MASM and YASM both are incompatible with your compiler.That is why I have sent screen.s file.While linking the fortran object module(greet.obj) with the screen.obj,pixel.obj.I know very well that you does not know how to solve the above problem.Please lety you know the below points at the earliest:
There are two types of object modules
1.COFF
2.OMF
Which one is your compiler creating?Is it COFF or OMF?
I have tried other MASM compilers and created Obj file with both types (OMF,COFF).
While linking the fortran object module(greet.obj) with the screen.obj,pixel.obj. Your linker displaying 2 unresolved external symbols(screen.obj,pixel.obj).How can you solve this problem in your compiler?If you have solved please send the link.exe file through email attachment.I am also interested in that matter, if you know well.Only Intel  and others produces OMF.obj only.Microrosft produces  COFF.obj only.
Waiting for your early reply with your compatible link.exe as an email attachment.
NB:If you dont know how to solve the above problem please let me know at the earliest.

Thanks

Regards,
sundarchand   

Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Building and Using Additional Software & Libraries  |  Third party dependencies-Reg

gfxgfx
gfx gfx