gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
1516 Posts in 502 Topics by 733 Members - Latest Member: tbickel3 October 29, 2020, 01:38:17 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  General  |  USE OF THE RANDOM ROUTINE WITHIN THE VMS SUPPORT LIBRARY
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: USE OF THE RANDOM ROUTINE WITHIN THE VMS SUPPORT LIBRARY  (Read 1673 times)

Mark Coxhead

USE OF THE RANDOM ROUTINE WITHIN THE VMS SUPPORT LIBRARY
« on: March 05, 2015, 11:59:37 AM »
USE OF THE RANDOM ROUTINE WITHIN THE VMS SUPPORT LIBRARY

I have a number of programs that generate a RANDOM numbers by the use of the RAN function in the VAX support library.    I recently proceeded with some routine maintenance on each of these programs and they all compile OK, except one where I encounter the error message:
                       2 unresolved external commands:
                              ____ishft
                              ____casgn

The box use VAX/VMS library is ticked.  I have compared the F77 options on the .gui between programs that compile and one one that does not and there are no diffrences.  Also there are no other external routines other than RAN within the program.  Any suggestions into the cause please?

mecej4

Re: USE OF THE RANDOM ROUTINE WITHIN THE VMS SUPPORT LIBRARY
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 05:39:30 AM »
One thing to check is if, in those projects that give you these undefined externals, you have some .OBJ files and/or .LIB files that are stale and had been compiled with a different compiler (such as g77) or an older version of Absoft.

Which version of Absoft F77 are you using now?  Here is a small test that uses the VMS library, for you to try.
Code: [Select]
      program xran
      integer seed
      real ran
      integer i
      do i=1,10
         x=ran(seed)
         write(*,'(i2,i12,F12.4)')i,seed,x
      end do
      end program

Mark Coxhead

Re: USE OF THE RANDOM ROUTINE WITHIN THE VMS SUPPORT LIBRARY
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 01:22:05 PM »
Yes thank you for this information.

I initially compiled the program from the Absoft command line without any issues, which caused me to re-check carefully the various options selected.

Turned out that I had selected/ticked the VAX Compaitibility on the Target Panel, but also ticked the VAX/Mainframe Compatibility on the F77 panel.   By deselecting the later the program compiled up OK.    A trivial feature really but it was really annoying.

Thank you for your response.

Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  General  |  USE OF THE RANDOM ROUTINE WITHIN THE VMS SUPPORT LIBRARY

gfxgfx
gfx gfx