gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
1516 Posts in 502 Topics by 733 Members - Latest Member: tbickel3 October 29, 2020, 01:04:23 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  General  |  Previous post - "Maximum f77 executable size...."
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Previous post - "Maximum f77 executable size...."  (Read 1689 times)

Mark Coxhead

Previous post - "Maximum f77 executable size...."
« on: December 30, 2016, 11:46:30 AM »
I am  confused by the previous post on “Maximum F77 Executable Size”.

Some of the code mentioned on the allocation of dynamic arrays I thought was all part of F90.

I can see a potential use for the such array types in an application (all F77), and I tried some of the relevant code out in F77  code, and basically on build it is rejected.   

The Absoft F77 manual does not cover these F90 extensions, but some of the error messages in the Appendix do relate to allocatable arrays, so perhaps I am missing something please?

forumadmin

• Administrator
Re: Previous post - "Maximum f77 executable size...."
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 12:51:41 PM »
Apologies, I was not specific enough in my response and did not mention that ALLOCATABLE
arrays were added to the language in Fortran 90. Strictly speaking, the biggest pure
FORTRAN 77 program would be limited to 2 GB of data as that is the hard wired limit
imposed by the Windows executable file format.

Depending on the version of the Absoft product, ALLOCATABLE arrays are described in the
Absoft Fortran Reference Manual (v11.5 and later) or the F95 Reference Manual (11.1
and earlier), or possibly the F90 Reference Manual if you go back to version 8.0 or earlier.

Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  General  |  Previous post - "Maximum f77 executable size...."

gfxgfx
gfx gfx