gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
1516 Posts in 502 Topics by 733 Members - Latest Member: tbickel3 October 29, 2020, 12:22:49 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Building and Using Additional Software & Libraries  |  Plplot latest version supported
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Plplot latest version supported  (Read 1575 times)

Thorsten

Plplot latest version supported
« on: August 12, 2018, 04:08:06 AM »
Hi,
I wonder what is the latest version of plplot support by the absoft fortran 2018 compiler? I am on MacOS 13.13 and found that the latest absoft included version of plplot is 5.1 from 2003.
As plplot switched to full fortran 2013 their latest version 5.13 I could only compile with gfortran by the following terminal commands:
export FC="gfortran -O3"
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/plplot --enable-shared=no ../
make
sudo make install
In case 5.1 is the last support version of plplot then is it possible to include the gfortran compiled librabries?

thx, Thorsten

forumadmin

• Administrator
Re: Plplot latest version supported
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 09:08:58 AM »
PLPLOT  5.9.9 is included as part of the Absoft Additional Libraries package in Absoft Pro Fortran 2018.

The Absoft build is configured to use the X-Window drivers so you will also need to install the X11 server available from
https://www.xquartz.org/

Thorsten

Re: Plplot latest version supported
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 09:43:07 AM »
Thanks, the functions in version 5.9.9. are so far sufficient. Are there any plans to include more drivers and an more current version in the next release of Absoft Fortran?

Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Building and Using Additional Software & Libraries  |  Plplot latest version supported

gfxgfx
gfx gfx