gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
1494 Posts in 495 Topics by 722 Members - Latest Member: BK March 30, 2020, 06:41:21 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Windows  |  Can't Build
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Can't Build  (Read 20 times)

BK

Can't Build
« on: March 25, 2020, 02:55:14 PM »
I have a demo version of Absoft 20.0 and am trying to create a new project using F77 source files that were successfully built using Absoft 6.0 (I know, 6.0 is ancient but that's what the company currently has). When trying to build with 20.0, I get:

Begin Build
amake2: don't know how to make "<path>/file.for" (continuing)

Under the Errors/Warnings tab, there are no msgs included. This occurs for both the release and debug options. And I followed the Getting Started and Gino readmelite.htm help.

BTW, I had to add "_Main" to the name of the file with the Program statement, otherwise I got an error.

The goal is use 20.0 and Gino to build GUIs for existing legacy applications. Any ideas on getting 20.0 to work?

mecej4

Re: Can't Build
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 08:02:36 AM »
You will have to provide more specific details regarding what you did before you ran into problems.

I created a new project, added a number of F77 source files that I wanted to build an EXE with, and built a release version EXE, and saw no errors in Absofttools.

Check if the source file with the main program has a PROGRAM line at the top.

If you are using an old project file, perhaps you can move it elsewhere and create a new project using just your sources.

If all this fails, post a link to a zip file with the sources and someone may build for you a project file.

Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Windows  |  Can't Build

gfxgfx
gfx gfx