gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
1505 Posts in 497 Topics by 727 Members - Latest Member: tcusan July 12, 2020, 07:17:49 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Macintosh  |  Does Pro Fortran 19-20 support Windows applications ? Pro Fortran 18 ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Does Pro Fortran 19-20 support Windows applications ? Pro Fortran 18 ?  (Read 192 times)

dscottstewart

I am working on a application that had calls to various subroutines that were used in Windows Visual Studio. I note that i could compile on my OSX 10.12 g++ compiler without complain. When I went to Absoft and compiled the c++ code with the cc compiler, I got errors like

typeinfo  in angleboundary.o
  "_stdscr", referenced from:
      mymain() in ann_sample.o
      test() in ann_sample.o
  "_wgetch", referenced from:
      mymain() in ann_sample.o
      test() in ann_sample.o

So _stdscr and _wgetch (that seem to be part of curses) dont seem to be available in the cc compiler but are in the g++.

The question is if I UPGRADE to ABSOFT PRO Fortran 20 will I get rid of this problem. I want to use the IDE system and the FX debugger and I can not compile the code so far.

Will and UPGRADE to the NEWEST ABSOFT compilers solve this problem?

mecej4

The errors that you report are not compile-time errors; they are reports of undefined external symbols from the linker.

What do you mean by "When I went to Absoft and compiled the c++ code with the cc compiler"? Are you attempting to compile a Windows GUI application source code on OSX? Are you running Parallels or a virtual Windows environment on OSX?

As far as I can see, there is no connection between the linker errors and the Absoft compiler, whether on Windows or OSX. On Windows, Absoft does not provide its own C/C++ compiler. Similarly, there is no reason why Absoft 20 would work for you when Absoft 18 would not.

Please explain in detail what you are trying to do.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 06:47:58 AM by mecej4 »

Absoft User Forum  |  Support  |  Macintosh  |  Does Pro Fortran 19-20 support Windows applications ? Pro Fortran 18 ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx